Remember my Painless Cathedral Windows class? Well, I used that approach to deal with the fabric challenge from my guild. This fabric is a Kaffe Fassett mille fiori sort of look on an olive background, and I think it's pretty ugly. Others don't. Our assignment was to take the two crayons in our packet, and the 1/4 yard of the fabric, find two fabrics that matched the crayons, add two other fabrics of our choice and come up with a quilty thing. I KNOW I will never hang this fabric on my walls, so I made a pillow.
I put a zipper in the back. My crayon colors were the pink and sea green that are on the back. You can also see them in the windows on the front. The added fabrics were a deep purple and a batik orange.
Now I have to fluff out my pillow and hand it in. Our guild has a quilt show at the Library every March, and we will be showing some of our challenge projects as part of the show.
I finished this project on Day Two of Mary's visit.