You know how you have these fancy shmancy sewing/embroidery machines and all their software and all the feet -- even before you take the first class! Well, I went a little overboard after I bought my first Husqvarna Viking Designer 1 back in 2002, I think. I loved it. Bought the 3D software. Used it all as much as I could understand, which wasn't half bad.
Then came an opportunity to buy another one at half price on ebay. Brand new. Never opened. Not a reconditioned one. With something like 20 feet included beyond what normally comes with the machine, and all the other bells and whistles. So of course, I bought it.
I put one in my studio when we moved here, and one in my project room. While the longarm is quilting away, I can put on binding or work on piecing another quilt. And when friend, Mary, comes to visit, she doesn't have to bring her upscale Bernina -- or even her Singer featherweight.
But what to do with all those feet? For a few years they lived in one of the drawers in my sewing center and never saw the light of day. Then I found some demos of their use on the HV site and elsewhere and started thinking -- isn't it time to get these things out and at least see what I've got?
Once I discovered that I have every foot ever made for the Designer series, I then had to think about how to store them in a place that was not only accessible but also portable. I was scrounging around my project room, thinking I might make an accessory roll or some such thing when voila! I found THREE of these accessory/thread/foot bags!!! Basic black -- boring, but profesional looking. Tan print -- understated but not really me any more. Ahhhhh! Dusty rose floral. Now that's the ticket! Feminine with a hint of scarlet...
I explored the outer pockets and put the large accessory feet in the very large outer zipped pocket. There was an open pocket on the back with just a small velcro closing. I left that free for patterns and the like.
Inside were pages, like in a notebook, velcroed into the spine of the bag. Some pages had large zippered compartments and some had small ones.
I could leave the more complicated feet in their cards intact by storing them in the larger compartments. And in the smaller ones, I could remove the foot from its card, trim the card so that just the number of the foot on the front and a pictured explanation of how it functions on the back of the card remained, and it would all still fit in one of the smaller compartments.
So now my machines' feet are totally organized! Maybe you have a similar situation. You can find these bags at local quilt shops or online (usually under "organizers") or at any quilt exposition. Enjoy!